travis
YaBB Administrator

Man i am suing and
calling the place
bobdonalds

Badger State Games
Feb 1st, 2007, 11:22am

Hey kids.

Im sure this applies to no one on here because people in wisconsin dont like us for some reason.. but just in case...

The Badger State Games are taking place this weekend at Cascade. Sorry Indy Folks the comp is only open to Wisconsin Locals. but its a Big Air/ Rail Jam/ Quarterpipe comp. Its on sunday and i think we have some sort of half price ticket for registered competitors. Should be a sick comp.
Come out if your from Wi... or come up if your not.. our park is starting to shape up..

Thanks
Trav

Email travis upsidedown_man1 tfeiss@aol.com   IP Logged
AL
God Member

MONOSKI

Re: Badger State Games
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2007, 12:26pm

i see a huge booter in the park on the web cam. im jealous.

Email WWW AL alperfect32   IP Logged
travis
YaBB Administrator

Man i am suing and
calling the place
bobdonalds

Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2007, 3:29pm

Ok so the park just got redone, and its amazing..
we have a big jump side... 15, 20, 30, QP(not cut yet, its setting up)
little jump side... 5, 10, 15..
and a sick rail line... flat 24ft, 30 ft trap, and the best setup i can imagine on the decending flat box.. and an up down box gap.  
and you can transfer the gap between shelves on the 3rd hit..

for tomorrow we hope to push the giant pile at the bottom into a movie style hip... Very big, and a step up next to the qp and maybe get the wallride on top.  

the 80 foot s rail is out, a couple beginner rails and general sickness strewn about like crazy.  

moral of the story come get some for badger state as soon as you can..

Rich
God Member

Liberdank.

Reply #3 - Feb 2nd, 2007, 8:09pm

Whhhaaat, sounds so sick.
nice work guys.

Email rhfahey32   IP Logged
CrazeSkier
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Feb 6th, 2007, 4:26pm

Thanks Guys!!

You guys truly know how to TREAT people right at Cascade!!  You all just waltz right in taking over everything!!

You truly are the greatest!!

Good luck with the MWO!!

IP Logged
cascadelocal
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Feb 6th, 2007, 7:40pm

now were not gonna have the best park anymore since duane has been fired. he made the best features. you indy guys made a crooked box and some other stuff. dont try and take all the credit for the jump line on skiers left either.  

Pissed locol

IP Logged
Showtime
YaBB Administrator

Live it

Reply #6 - Feb 6th, 2007, 9:56pm

I think that it is very funny that you guys won't let us on your site to comment, however you can feel free to come on this and post what you want.  

I really don't know what you guys have to brag about, i skied Cascade's Park last season and it wasn't good at all. Jumps with NO landings, in very dangerous places and the jumps weren't even very big or nice. Take-off for the "Bus" was non-existent, it just generally wasn't fun. Brag all you want on Duanne's jumps and park all you want but you can have them. I think that if you guys would just stop bitching and move on, you would probably find that the "indy boys" can build a park better than you've probably ever skied at Cascade. Not to mention that the "indy boys" didn't have much to do with the letting go of Duanne. I can't speak to the reason that it all happened but i would guess that Rob had a good reason and maybe it is in his/Cascade best interest not to disclose that information.

Basically in my opinion you guys need to get your heads out of Duanne's ass and open your eyes to what is actually happening. The guys from Indiana that were put where they are were put there for a reason; they are good at what they do. Things needed to change at Cascade otherwise within the course of a couple years you probably wouldn't have a park at all, because cascade wouldn't be open. There will be a couple transition years but things will turn out better.  

Give them a shot they know what they are doing.

An Un-anonymous,
Tad

Email WWW Showtime tadpoleracer FpRipper   IP Logged
Billups
God Member

2*5*8

Reply #7 - Feb 6th, 2007, 10:33pm

you boys should learn how to spell local.

Email WWW ski_bum2005 billups07   IP Logged
Chenzo
YaBB Newbies

Lets do it

Reply #8 - Feb 6th, 2007, 10:52pm

Quote from travis on Feb 1st, 2007, 11:22am:
Hey kids.

Im sure this applies to no one on here because people in wisconsin dont like us for some reason.. but just in case...

The Badger State Games are taking place this weekend at Cascade. Sorry Indy Folks the comp is only open to Wisconsin Locals. but its a Big Air/ Rail Jam/ Quarterpipe comp. Its on sunday and i think we have some sort of half price ticket for registered competitors. Should be a sick comp.
Come out if your from Wi... or come up if your not.. our park is starting to shape up..

Thanks
Trav

no one likes you in wisconsin for reasons,. it not just becuase of what happend to duane, its waht you have done totally and completely to cascade mountain. dont expect alot of locals to buy passes next year.

im sorry for being a dick on here.
Chenzo   IP Logged
Chenzo
YaBB Newbies

Lets do it

Reply #9 - Feb 6th, 2007, 10:54pm

Quote from Showtime on Feb 6th, 2007, 9:56pm:
I think that it is very funny that you guys won't let us on your site to comment, however you can feel free to come on this and post what you want.  

I really don't know what you guys have to brag about, i skied Cascade's Park last season and it wasn't good at all. Jumps with NO landings, in very dangerous places and the jumps weren't even very big or nice. Take-off for the "Bus" was non-existent, it just generally wasn't fun. Brag all you want on Duanne's jumps and park all you want but you can have them. I think that if you guys would just stop bitching and move on, you would probably find that the "indy boys" can build a park better than you've probably ever skied at Cascade. Not to mention that the "indy boys" didn't have much to do with the letting go of Duanne. I can't speak to the reason that it all happened but i would guess that Rob had a good reason and maybe it is in his/Cascade best interest not to disclose that information.

Basically in my opinion you guys need to get your heads out of Duanne's ass and open your eyes to what is actually happening. The guys from Indiana that were put where they are were put there for a reason; they are good at what they do. Things needed to change at Cascade otherwise within the course of a couple years you probably wouldn't have a park at all, because cascade wouldn't be open. There will be a couple transition years but things will turn out better.  

Give them a shot they know what they are doing.

An Un-anonymous,
Tad

duane knew what he was doing too. no one ever complained about what duane did cuz everyone liked what he did. you are the only person ive ver heard complain.

Chenzo   IP Logged
Ride777
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #10 - Feb 6th, 2007, 11:04pm

yeah im sure ill never see the bread loaf a.k.a the step up to step down ever again. i would like to know if travis r whoever could even do half the stuff that was in the park before. another thing if the "super park" is going to have a little jump line rename the run to something without super or park in the name

Email   IP Logged
Chenzo
YaBB Newbies

Lets do it

Reply #11 - Feb 6th, 2007, 11:08pm

yeah he pretty much sed it all.^

Chenzo   IP Logged
Method
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #12 - Feb 6th, 2007, 11:23pm

Gee "Tad", im sorry the bus was too difficult for you boys. Im sorry our terrain park, which I may add that ALL  the locals found to be perfect, wasnt up to your standard.  Heres an idea.  Instead of coming in and ruining OUR shit, why dont you keep your big seller plans where they came from?

IP Logged
weekendwarrior
YaBB Newbies

Lean back real far
now Suzy!

Reply #13 - Feb 6th, 2007, 11:35pm

looks like these wisconsin tools got a little cheese stuck up their ass..

IP Logged
Chenzo
YaBB Newbies

Lets do it

Reply #14 - Feb 6th, 2007, 11:38pm

yep that must be it. we have cheese in our ass. no you ignorant sunuvabitch. if you knew anything about duane and what duane has done for cascade and how we all love his work. youd realize why we are pissed off about this.

Chenzo   IP Logged
weekendwarrior
YaBB Newbies

Lean back real far
now Suzy!

Reply #15 - Feb 6th, 2007, 11:42pm

no cant say I know duane.. and if hes the one whos been keeping your park in line then thats cool but I kinda doubt any of the "indy boys" got him fired.. and if you knew anything about tad, travis and anyone else that went up there.. and what they have done for perfects then you would understand why the perfects crew would get mad.. give em a chance theyve made our park amazing for how little room weve got..

IP Logged
Ride777
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #16 - Feb 6th, 2007, 11:49pm

yeah im not from wisconsin dick. im not a local at cascade but iv been there enough to know how much of a good park it WAS.

Email   IP Logged
ElmersGlue
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #17 - Feb 7th, 2007, 12:18am

Disregard everything Ride777 and Chenzo said...

Some people need to know what the full deal is before they act!  Wink

IP Logged
Chenzo
YaBB Newbies

Lets do it

Reply #18 - Feb 7th, 2007, 12:22am

i knwo enough to be pissed, but i should prolly keep my mouth shut. lol

Chenzo   IP Logged
PowAir
YaBB Newbies

Cascade Is My Home

Reply #19 - Feb 7th, 2007, 12:23am

Dude...remeber when everyone hated you on our forum? You're doing the same thing here.  Wink

Cascade Is My Home and Duane Is My Homeboy
Email   IP Logged
Chenzo
YaBB Newbies

Lets do it

Reply #20 - Feb 7th, 2007, 12:26am

yeah everyone everywhere hates me. lol NO IM NOT EMO. Powair, i just need to chill down. i should know betr by now not to post when im pissed. hey at least i apologized. Tongue

Chenzo   IP Logged
ElmersGlue
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #21 - Feb 7th, 2007, 12:28am

Quote from PowAir on Feb 7th, 2007, 12:23am:
Dude...remeber when everyone hated you on our forum? You're doing the same thing here.  Wink

Haha OWNT.  Grin

IP Logged
Chenzo
YaBB Newbies

Lets do it

Reply #22 - Feb 7th, 2007, 12:30am

HAHA not really. i knew everyone hated me and i knew what i did wrong. oh well i guess. it happens

Chenzo   IP Logged
Lil_P

Sweet skis...wanna
Huck?

Reply #23 - Feb 7th, 2007, 1:28am

And your obviously getting hated more.  Get over it...this D guy is gone, the park is ready for bigger and better things.  Dawgin on tad.  That man has built some of the sickest park features ya'll have yet to see.  And those "indy" boys. yeah kick ass park builders too...PFC rips it every year check out some of that shit thrown together in just a few days.  Give them a chance and when your done shreddin their good shit. then bitch.  Be pissed at management that Duane left not the "indy" boys.  They are one hell of a crew and their shits rill

This one time I got like 3 feet of air!
twintipper+8   IP Logged
Fujaskier06
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #24 - Feb 7th, 2007, 7:45am

We got it under control bud Wink

-Vossio

Email   IP Logged
Showtime
YaBB Administrator

Live it

Reply #25 - Feb 7th, 2007, 10:01am

I didn't say that the bus was too hard, i simply said that the set-up for the bus was pretty sketchy, i still hit it jsut didn't like it... I don't want to start shit, in fact i didn't start shit, but i just wanted to set some people in line or at least what i saw as a line and hopefully give some people and outside perspective... something that every park builder needs and that every skier should obtain. Ski or board another resort, if its better than what you normally ride then maybe your park could use some help, if it sucks then maybe your park is badass. I'm just telling you what i saw as a builder/rider from the outside looking in. I hope we can all move past this and make a larger community, if not fine, but it wouldn't hurt.

Tad

travis
YaBB Administrator

Man i am suing and
calling the place
bobdonalds

Reply #26 - Feb 7th, 2007, 11:37am

you people are attacking all the wrong people.. for all the wrong reasons... enjoy the park.. that is all

Method
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #27 - Feb 7th, 2007, 11:54am

Dont get me wrong, im not just out to start things.  It just pissess me off when things are perfectly to everyones liking and BAM! it changes, and then people seem to take a rather ignorant view on it.  Tad, you talk about perspective?  Stick yourself in our shoes.  Imagine you love riding the park you are in, it suits you perfectly, and some corporate bigwig says that hes gonna change it.  Isnt that going to piss you off a bit?  And then, whats more people just tell you that its no big deal?  Just like you said... take an outside perspective on it.

IP Logged
Showtime
YaBB Administrator

Live it

Reply #28 - Feb 7th, 2007, 1:37pm

I think i have the outside perspective on it and Duanne may have had the park just to your liking and that is all well and fine, but i'm guessing you don't see the internal workings of the resort to see that maybe everything wasn't all fine and to everyone's liking. Besides that has the park changed that drastically? Is it sooo bad now that you can't stand to ride it? Do you not like the setup soo much that you don't want to ride there? Maybe, but i doubt it.  And the "Bigwig" is only trying to make the resort money, not specifically to change the park. And besides that the "bigwig" you speak of had nothing to do with Duanne getting fired, Rob did...  so you should get your story straight, and blame the right people. All in all i think that you'll find it will be better for the resort, whether you see that or not. Some people don't understand that there is more to a park than just "cool" features...  liability is a huge deal and unsafe "cool" hits aren't good for the company.

Think about it,
Tad

Billups
God Member

2*5*8

Reply #29 - Feb 7th, 2007, 1:45pm

Change is a part of life.

Email WWW ski_bum2005 billups07   IP Logged
STEPH

skis

Reply #30 - Feb 7th, 2007, 3:08pm

I like cheese curds.

YEWAHHHH SOOOODD!!!!!
Email stephlosborn   IP Logged
ElmersGlue
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #31 - Feb 7th, 2007, 3:11pm

Quote from STEPH on Feb 7th, 2007, 3:08pm:
I like cheese curds.

Culver's cheese curds are da bomb.  Mmmmm deep fried cheese!  Cool

IP Logged
Chenzo
YaBB Newbies

Lets do it

Reply #32 - Feb 7th, 2007, 5:04pm

Quote from Showtime on Feb 7th, 2007, 1:37pm:
I think i have the outside perspective on it and Duanne may have had the park just to your liking and that is all well and fine, but i'm guessing you don't see the internal workings of the resort to see that maybe everything wasn't all fine and to everyone's liking. Besides that has the park changed that drastically? Is it sooo bad now that you can't stand to ride it? Do you not like the setup soo much that you don't want to ride there? Maybe, but i doubt it.  And the "Bigwig" is only trying to make the resort money, not specifically to change the park. And besides that the "bigwig" you speak of had nothing to do with Duanne getting fired, Rob did...  so you should get your story straight, and blame the right people. All in all i think that you'll find it will be better for the resort, whether you see that or not. Some people don't understand that there is more to a park than just "cool" features...  liability is a huge deal and unsafe "cool" hits aren't good for the company.

Think about it,
Tad

dont get me or method wrong tad. we have voiced our opinions and views and bitched at rob too. it is not that im coming on here to blame "the indy boys" its just that yeah. liek method sed, put yourself in our perspective. they come in, shit changes that we dont liek and so on and so forth. give us all time and im sure well get over it. D's parks were the reason i started riding park sop its gonna take me sum time to get over it. time is all we need.

Chenzo   IP Logged
Fujaskier06
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #33 - Feb 7th, 2007, 5:11pm

Quote from Showtime on Feb 7th, 2007, 1:37pm:
Some people don't understand that there is more to a park than just "cool" features...  liability is a huge deal and unsafe "cool" hits aren't good for the company.

I must say i have never seen an "safe" feature... ever.  No matter what the feature is you can get hurt on it.  I see it every day I ride people actually get hurt more often on beginner hits than they do the big boy features.  If you are referring to the butter box/bread loaf, that is an unfair statement.  The guy knew he was taking a risk by trying something he did not have the ability for and I bet he learned his leason from his broken ankle. The feature was perfectly "safe" if you did it right and it's just as dangerous as any jump in the park.  By entering the terrain park and passing those signs that clearly say EXPERTS ONLY,  ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK, etc.  you are assuming the risk of injury or death.  Basically what I am saying is nothing is safe on a ski hill, skiing is not safe, shit happens.

Just my opinion... not trying to start anything I'm not that kind of person.  This is just the way I see it.

Luke

Email   IP Logged
Chenzo
YaBB Newbies

Lets do it

Reply #34 - Feb 7th, 2007, 5:16pm

he does have apoint with that. i mean, if your not sure how to do something, or you think your not sure about it, then dont hit it. both parks are clearly labeled with signs, and i loved the butterbox/breadloaf. it was sweet. so yeah not to start anything either.

Chenzo   IP Logged
STEPH

skis

Reply #35 - Feb 7th, 2007, 5:32pm

Do I have to say it again? Cause I will. I like cheese curds.

p.s.- what changes are the ones you guys don't like? And everyone better be at PFC because I need to ski with all of you. mm k?

YEWAHHHH SOOOODD!!!!!
Showtime
YaBB Administrator

Live it

Reply #36 - Feb 7th, 2007, 5:33pm

The problem is that you have people that have no idea what they are doing hitting some of these features that are big boy features, no matter what signs you post they will continue to do that. Well these people stand a better CHANCE of not getting hurt if your features DON'T have  Cat width gaps in them, or vertical walls to run into, or big drops or flat landings or jagged chunky snow or anything that could be perceived as dangerous.  I know that Cascade didn't have all of those things or even most of those things, however they did have a couple of those things, and that makes all the difference.  I'm not saying that it is uber dangerous, but its not as safe as it could be.  I'm also not saying that everything needs to be padded and rounded and mellow, but there is a way to find a happy medium between challenging features and not so dangerous. As my boss has stated in the past, "No modern ski area can afford to have a "gap" jump." The risk is too high. I've been to quite a few Risk Management seminars and they suck because they show you just how easily shit can go bad and someone can sue your pants off, but in todays world that is the reality of it all. People sue for anything and everything...  hot coffee in your lap = $5 mil...  slick sidewalk = $2mil... gap jump = Your Ski Area. That isn't really exactly true but you see my point i hope.

Also I never try to start shit, i just like to show my side of things. I like conversations like this where we can all learn something and people don't get shitty with one another.

Tad

PowAir
YaBB Newbies

Cascade Is My Home

Reply #37 - Feb 7th, 2007, 5:36pm

^^ I agree for sure, which is why we've been trying to get a park pass so we can have these features without dealing with the liability issue. Managemnt doenst want to pay somone to stand at the entrance of the park checking those passes though. But hell...they import people from foreign countries and pay them shit anyway so whats 1 more?

Email   IP Logged
PowAir
YaBB Newbies

Cascade Is My Home

Reply #38 - Feb 7th, 2007, 5:40pm

Also, before Rob Walz partnered up with the Perfect crew we used to have cat with gaps all the time, we dont want to see these go because they kicked ass. Now as I understand it...Rob didnt like these then, but didnt have anyone else to build park so he let it slide more or less...Dont quote me on this I could be wrong.

Email   IP Logged
Fujaskier06
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #39 - Feb 7th, 2007, 5:50pm

Ok... Like I said you can get hurt with walls/gaps or without walls and gaps.  The smoothest landing in the world isn't going to help if people hit the deck.  Hitting the deck/ coming up short is the same basic concept of coming up short on a gaped jump.  It will hurt and the probability for broken bones is the same whether you are coming up short on a gap jump or normal jump. Think about it... a cat isn't all that wide, if you come up short then you aren't going all that fast.  If you carry that same speed of a decent size jump you will get the same results... a hurting body.  It's common sense, if you hit something with that amount of force something has to give way... usually your bones.

Email   IP Logged
Showtime
YaBB Administrator

Live it

Reply #40 - Feb 7th, 2007, 5:59pm

I'm sorry i disagree... hitting a wall on a gap is nothing like decking out... because you have that rigid edge at the top basically just facing you. And then if you lets just say absorb the take-off of gap jump and your feet are a foot too low then what happens? Broken legs and concussion/major head injury, because you start flipping. I don't know... i just don't think that a jump is nearly as dangerous as a gap.

Just my opinion,
Tad
Tad

ElmersGlue
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #41 - Feb 7th, 2007, 7:33pm

A touchy subject, but we are getting along and having a good conversation. I'm so proud of all of you guys! yay!  Grin

IP Logged
PowAir
YaBB Newbies

Cascade Is My Home

Reply #42 - Feb 7th, 2007, 8:01pm

I've been talking back and forth with Rob Walz of cascade. He's been really worried about liability this season, we discussed the issue of a park pass, as well as some other options. Right now it looks like the park is going to mellow out a little, but we can still have some gnarly features. They just dont get to look crazy. If you know what i mean. If we were to rebuild the breadloaf it would would ride the same, but it would have a mellow ramp on instead of a wall. so if you came up short it wouldnt be as bad. Which wouldnt affect us riding it, it would just look lame.

Email   IP Logged
motosnow
YaBB Newbies

keep it real...
 not fake

Reply #43 - Feb 8th, 2007, 12:41am

hey steph....  do you like the white or the yellow cheese curds.  and deep fried or not, cause when there not deep fried, they squeak when you eat them.. its kinda cool.. Grin

« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2007, 12:47pm by motosnow »  
  IP Logged
Method
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #44 - Feb 8th, 2007, 11:51am

Alright Tad, i guess you just assumed that i wasnt talking about rob... but i was.  Im not  blaming the "Indy boys" for D's firing... thats been established.... just realize that we are all just a little pissed that what wasnt an issue before has all of a sudden became an issue... And I agree that the very presence of a park is just as dangerous as the features in it.  You could crack your head open like a ripe melon on a ride on rail if you dont know what you are doing, so it all depends on the rider, not so much the park.

IP Logged
Showtime
YaBB Administrator

Live it

Reply #45 - Feb 8th, 2007, 12:50pm

It's true that anyone can get hurt on any features if things go poorly, however you can always make a feature more or less safe. Just my opinion... and i understand that you all must be upset. I guess i was just trying to show maybe the resort's perspective.

Tad

STEPH

skis

Reply #46 - Feb 8th, 2007, 4:17pm

White and deep fried no doubt.

YEWAHHHH SOOOODD!!!!!
motosnow
YaBB Newbies

keep it real...
 not fake

Reply #47 - Feb 8th, 2007, 6:50pm

they are pretty delicious!!

IP Logged
ElmersGlue
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #48 - Feb 8th, 2007, 10:45pm

I am eating cheese curds right now  Cool

You all should be jealous!

IP Logged
joliver
YaBB Newbies

cascade

Reply #49 - Feb 8th, 2007, 11:00pm

they should make a loop rail. deadly and insane but cool. one of my crazy ideas. or a circle rail like in the nixon jibfest that would be sick.

IP Logged
PowAir
YaBB Newbies

Cascade Is My Home

Reply #50 - Feb 8th, 2007, 11:13pm

^ dont even joke about stuff like that or Mr.Liability (aka Tad) will give you a lecture.

Jk Tad.

Email   IP Logged
joliver
YaBB Newbies

cascade

Reply #51 - Feb 9th, 2007, 8:02am

fine forget the loop rail then.

IP Logged
Chenzo
YaBB Newbies

Lets do it

Reply #52 - Feb 9th, 2007, 9:51pm

double loop rail. its bound to be safer than a loop rail Grin

Chenzo   IP Logged
Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

Freezing Point32° - Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.