Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Oct 24th, 2017, 12:10am

Home Help Search Login
Freezing Point32° - Forum « We're Living the movie OUT COLD! »

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
We're Living the movie OUT COLD! (Read 8113 times)
PowAir
YaBB Newbies

Cascade Is My Home

We're Living the movie OUT COLD!
Feb 6th, 2007, 9:10pm

Hey, I'm a cade local, I dont have anythign against you guys...you guys shred. You have to understand that we're living the movie OUT COLD, new management is coming in and fucking with "our hill" Duane got laid off, and i know you had nothing to do with that. He was our guy...a good friend who listened to what we wanted with our park. We're all willing to give you guys a shot, you have some good ideas. I say go for it, you've got most of our support, just remember to talk to the locals and find out what we want. IF we think something sucks work with us, not against us. If you do this then in time the angry kids will start to like you guys. Just remember respect is earned and you're not gonna get it over night. Duane was with Cascade for 10 years, building the park for 4.5. You've been here half a year and D did most of the work. Thanks for fixing the broken stuff! and i'm stoked for the new stuff on the way. Living OUT COLD is hell man...but hopefully we get the happy ending.

Rob L.

Cascade Is My Home and Duane Is My Homeboy
Email   IP Logged
ElmersGlue
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: We're Living the movie OUT COLD!
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2007, 11:19pm

Yo... I'm a Cade local and I ride there about 3-4 times a week.  I've skied a couple times with Tom.  He seems like a pretty good guy so far.  As for the park, i'd have to agree with -powair-, You have to gain the respect of all the locals, and it's not going to be easy at first.  I hope all this works out in the end and both sides of this can just chill out and ride.

IP Logged
Ride777
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2007, 11:32pm

wel you see thats the thing. i can chill out and RIDE exept there is not going to be a good terrain park to ride since duane is gone

Email   IP Logged
Chenzo
YaBB Newbies

Lets do it

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2007, 11:34pm

like ive sed before. he is speaking the truth.

im sorry for being a dick on here.
Chenzo   IP Logged
ElmersGlue
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Feb 6th, 2007, 11:55pm

Quote from Ride777 on Feb 6th, 2007, 11:32pm:
wel you see thats the thing. i can chill out and RIDE exept there is not going to be a good terrain park to ride since duane is gone

I don't know how often you ride Cade, but the step up Tom built was pretty smooth.  It's not like the park is going to go to complete shit... you need to open your eyes.  It will just be somebody else building the features.  I rode with Duane a lot and loved his park building skills.  But like what a lot of other people have said, his time to leave was way over due.  He has reached his full potential at Cascade and was only being held back from the space and snow constrictions.  He has already applied at Keystone and Copper from what I hear, and is going to be living out there with some of his friends.

I was just as upset when I heard the news about D getting fired as all of you guys, but to tell you the truth, it boils down to Rob Walz firing him, not the indy boys.  They were brought up there to do what they do, and have no decision making what so ever.  It's all in managements hands...

IP Logged
Chenzo
YaBB Newbies

Lets do it

Reply #5 - Feb 7th, 2007, 12:01am

im not blaming it all on the indy boys. but ever since the indy boys have moved up here, me and my group and been tellign eachother that this was gonna be the year th cascade took the route of outcold, and none of us like it. at least the crew i ride with.

Chenzo   IP Logged
Dudebro
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - Feb 28th, 2007, 9:42pm

I bet pow air gets his dick stuck in a hottub

IP Logged
PowAir
YaBB Newbies

Cascade Is My Home

Reply #7 - Mar 1st, 2007, 4:01pm

^ been there...done that... Angry

Cascade Is My Home and Duane Is My Homeboy
Email   IP Logged
A_Hall

Reply #8 - Mar 1st, 2007, 4:12pm

yo...take it easy fellas...
Tom is soo legit...you should be stoked he is building you park...
are park was amazing last year when tom made it...
i'm sure he'll do the same there.

Email A_Hall   IP Logged
K2Slider
YaBB Newbies

I Ski

Reply #9 - Mar 1st, 2007, 5:41pm

yeah the park has been good, but it has pretty much been the same park since they canned D.  at least he would mix it up every other week or so.  plus, we don't have the "gnar" hits like we used to.  (but maybe this is why Rob canned him)

IP Logged
tgill
YaBB Newbies

Reply #10 - Mar 2nd, 2007, 10:13am

Did Perfects buy Cascade or is it just under new Management?

IP Logged
Chenzo
YaBB Newbies

Lets do it

Reply #11 - Mar 2nd, 2007, 12:42pm

yeah the park needs to be changed up. the same old same old is getting boring.  i understand that now it has been changed for the MWO, but keep changing ti up therest of the year cuz the same old is just no tinteresting to ride.

Chenzo   IP Logged
Fujaskier06
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #12 - Mar 2nd, 2007, 12:50pm

yeah i would imagine it would get boring for you... considering you never ride the park...

Email   IP Logged
Chenzo
YaBB Newbies

Lets do it

Reply #13 - Mar 2nd, 2007, 1:00pm

READ POST BELOW

« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2007, 3:41pm by Chenzo »  

Chenzo   IP Logged
Method
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #14 - Mar 2nd, 2007, 1:05pm

ok fuja... where the HELL do you get off talking about how other people ride?  Let me tell you something about my riding habits... allllll last year, i rode the superpark.  This year, i started riding the super par again... then i missed about a month of riding in january.  Now, what have i seen?  the same old shit set up the same old way.  I am sick of riding the SAME damn thing.  Its not even a question of skill level anymore, its a question of shit being set up in the same manner that people dont like.

IP Logged
ElmersGlue
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #15 - Mar 2nd, 2007, 9:33pm

First off chenzo speak for yourself don't let your little boyfriend do your talking.  It doesn't matter if its the same set up the same old way, if you didn't straight air/ 50-50 everytime then hey you could switch shit up with out switching the features up.  Chezno you probably can't even stand on a snowboard, oh by the way nice paintball pants... undecided

IP Logged
ElmersGlue
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #16 - Mar 2nd, 2007, 9:33pm

oh thats me fujaskier06^ I'm on someone else's computer

IP Logged
Chenzo
YaBB Newbies

Lets do it

Reply #17 - Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:37pm

alright. so wth. so if i come on a forum and bitch, i get my fucking head ripped off, but anyone else can come on a forum an bitch about anything, anyone and its perfecctly fine. and ya know what, thanks, i like my pants too, BUT they are roller hockey pants, not paintball pants. and like ive said before, IT DOESNT FUCKING MATTER WHAT YOU RIDE IN. its not about whering name brand shit. its about riding. i enjoy riding in my roller hockey pants because they are comfortable, and they get the job done. and you want me to speak for myself, eh?

park is gay sick of the same set up. cascade is gay sick of all the bullshit. and yeah ur gonna say why do i ride there. cuz i have the pass for this year and imma use it then imma leave. yeah go ahead say all the oh good youll be gone no more of ur shit. and ya kno what? ill feel the same damn way. im so sick of the oh you suck or the oh u dont ride in snowboard shit. ya know what, idfk if i suck, idfk what i ride in. i go out with ym friends, we have a good time. thats what im in it for. not to be the best, not to even be great. im in it for fun. no sponsors non fo that. so go ahead. think what you want. ill just go ahead and keep doing what im doing cuz im having fun doing it.

did i speak for myself enough yet or should i keep going? asshole

Chenzo   IP Logged
Rich
God Member

Liberdank.

Reply #18 - Mar 3rd, 2007, 8:53pm

^  Whaaaatt??  Cascade has a sexual preference?  I had no clue that Cascade, being an inanimate object and place of fun, was "GAY"!!!!  OMG.

Guys..... Shit doesn't need to change all the time.  I guarantee there are 100 tricks you guys haven't done yet on the shit that's set up.  Even Park City doesn't change there shit up frequently.....who cares.  Just go do every trick possible on every feature.  Then do them all 4 ways.... then pretzel out.  I can name probably 40 feasible tricks to do on just a flat box....  

I'm out!

And as far as Perfects buying cascade, as far as I know it's just being leased at the moment.

Email rhfahey32   IP Logged
Chenzo
YaBB Newbies

Lets do it

Reply #19 - Mar 3rd, 2007, 10:38pm

yeah i dont think cascade was bought by perfects. idk thos idc either lol. i know its the wrong forum, but how was the MWO to anyone that went?

Chenzo   IP Logged
Method
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #20 - Mar 4th, 2007, 3:50pm

Quote from ElmersGlue on Mar 2nd, 2007, 9:33pm:
First off chenzo speak for yourself don't let your little boyfriend do your talking.  It doesn't matter if its the same set up the same old way, if you didn't straight air/ 50-50 everytime then hey you could switch shit up with out switching the features up.  Chezno you probably can't even stand on a snowboard, oh by the way nice paintball pants... undecided

I hate people like you.  Are you trying to turn the goddamn sport into a fashion contest?  Well, Mr. Fashion police I turn myself in because I am not wearing a fully coordinating name brand suit with boots and goggles to match.  Quickly, someone label me a gaper.  What the hell was I thinking when I didnt consider what I was wearing?  Oh stupid me, stupid me...

Or not.  Whats more, have you ever rode with Chenzo?  How the hell would you know if hes any good or not if you havent?  People like you are what take the enjoyment out of being out on the mountain.  People like you are the reason that n00bs dont progress.  Think about it... If you put HALF the effort you put into talking shit into helping someone new get into the sport, think of how awesome it would be... put that effort into making the gapers quit being gapers... put it to use, rather than trying to act like a big man behind a computer.  Anyone can talk big on the internet, believe me you arent the first person.  Just knock the shit off and accept that theres some diversity, and there are people who dont like the direction cascade has taken.  If you like it, more power to you.  We are just used to D constantly changing things up, and thats how we liked it.  

Oh, and one more thing.  I dont see where I am Chenzo's "Little boyfriend".  I would have stuck up for anyone that you pulled that shit on because its just that: Bullshit.  Try growing up a little.  Later.

IP Logged
Fujaskier06
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #21 - Mar 4th, 2007, 4:25pm

Trust me i see you guys on the hill... getting off the chair to the right... that's all i need to know... that's not all i know but it's all i need to know.  But, what I am trying to say is exactly what Mr. Fahey said... you guys are saying things are getting stale... well i guarentee if you started trying new tricks then you would have a good time

Trust me I'm not putting very much effort into this, oh and I am trying to make a gaper quit being a gaper... you! Tongue Wink Grin

Remember if you french fry when your supposed to pizza you're gonna have a bad time!

oh and my boots don't match...

Email   IP Logged
Method
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #22 - Mar 4th, 2007, 7:47pm

I can obviously see trying to make this make sense for you is going to  be comparable to trying to sell a blind guy glassess.  First, do you even know who the fuck I am?  No.  You dont.  You dont ride with me, you dont talk to me, you dont even know me.  But hey, lets humor you and assume you know what I look like or who I am.  I am sure that anyone thats seen me at cascade has seen me go to the right a few times.  Let us count the reasons... It could be in my first few runs, and I dont feel like hitting the super park right off the bat, I could just feel like fucking around and not hitting terrain, theres  always that possibility that someone else in my crew wants to go right and rather than being a selfish dick I figure what the hell im here to have fun not get sponsered, should I continue?  Well, no use continuing, apparently I am a hardcore gaper because I dont hit the superpark every run.  (Which might I add roots back to the same issue of I dont like much of whats set up in it)  And you say about trying new tricks off of what is there... I think you are missing the concept, its not that I am doing the same trick off of what is there, it is that i do not like the features!!  Its a complete matter of personal preference... Hell, if  you threw something like the kink rail back out there, or brought back the old high rail.... I would be content.  However, most of the shit out there just is stuff Im not into.  Once again, its not a question of skill its a question of personal preference.  Do you understand where I am coming from here, or are you going to keep your blinders on and be a cocky dickhead about this?  

And I have one question I want to ask of you....  The very first time you stepped into your skis/board/whatever, were you a complete pro that could hit anything in the superpark with absolutely no flaw?  

I doubt it.  Everyone starts somewhere.  So if someones not perfect at what they do, "goes right", and is honestly trying to improve themselves and build their skills up, dont knock that.  We all had to start at the bottom and work our way up.  Granted, there are the fucks that just sit in a line across runs, or the 12 year olds that decide to hide out and have a cigarette in the beginner park and juts piss people off, but take it out on them.  

And I dont give a damn about your boots Tongue

IP Logged
Chenzo
YaBB Newbies

Lets do it

Reply #23 - Mar 4th, 2007, 8:52pm

yeah i ride to the right. why do i ride to the right? because i enjoy it more. i would be much more content with a long ass straight run then the superpark. if im waitning in line to go up the lift, do u think im really going to waste my time on a run that i dont even like how its set up thats not gonna last nearly as long as going right? i like to go right becasue i like to dick around, more than just go massivley big. it doesnt matter which way you go, how the superpark is setup. i dont like it. i prefer to go right becasue its longer and i just enjoy boarding that way more than superpark. what run you ride and what terrain features you hit and the equipment u ride on what you wear when you ride all depends on two words:

PERSONAL PREFERENCE

i dont give fuck what run you take, or what clothes you wear, or wheter you can pull a 900 or a straight air off ajump. so why do you give a fuck what i do?

Chenzo   IP Logged
Rich
God Member

Liberdank.

Reply #24 - Mar 4th, 2007, 11:25pm

Hey guys....  Good thread.

And Chenzo, I'm stoked for you.  I love dicking around in the smaller parks a lot of the time too, and he should be stoked you're in the smaller park making the SuperPark less crowded.  If everyone ripped the big park it would be really crowded, with a lot of more am. kids who may or may not get in the way..... I'm not saying you're not good enough to rip the Superpark..... I'm just saying I love it when there is no one in the big park..... it's wide open and you don't have to worry about any nubs in the landings or whatev.

Email rhfahey32   IP Logged
Chenzo
YaBB Newbies

Lets do it

Reply #25 - Mar 4th, 2007, 11:59pm

rich. thank you. some one can see it from more than ones side. yeah i mean its not that i cant ride the big park or cant ride the big hits in the superpark, its just that i have a lot more fun goin right and screwin around on the lil stuff then goin and hittin one or two big things. and thats what i think the sport is about.  i congratulate anyone who likes to go hit the big stuff every run. i dont. i have my runs i like to ride, and other people have theres. its just prefernce.

Chenzo   IP Logged
Method
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #26 - Mar 5th, 2007, 1:10pm

THANK YOU Rich for actually taking an intelligent, mature stance on something...

IP Logged
K2Slider
YaBB Newbies

I Ski

Reply #27 - Mar 5th, 2007, 6:19pm

i dunno, sometimes it hangs to the right, sometimes it hangs to the left.  i don't know why it changes, but one thing i am certain of is if you don't wear supportive enough undergarments, your balls'll be hurtin' by the end of the day.

this is what we were talking about, right?

IP Logged
Chenzo
YaBB Newbies

Lets do it

Reply #28 - Mar 5th, 2007, 10:40pm

oh of course slider. you hit it right on the head Wink

Chenzo   IP Logged
Billups
God Member

2*5*8

Reply #29 - Mar 7th, 2007, 2:49pm

seems like theres a lot of drama up at cascade...

Email WWW ski_bum2005 billups07   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

Freezing Point32° - Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.